MadmoiZelle speaks English

3 Juin 2016
2 204
Hi there and happy new year to all of you ! If possible, I'd like to join this discussion :)
I'm currently a highschool student in 1S, and I'd like to ,sort of ,"train" my english, so if you spot any mistake please tell me :happy:
@Ephectite my plans for 2017 are : begining to learn russian ( and the basics of arab with an algerian student ), passing the french bac and TPE with good grades, discovering new things ( like musics, choreographies,books, films...). What about yours ?

3 Juin 2016
2 204
@Ephectite well our TPE is about diabetes ( by the way we are doing it in english) and how replacing sucrose (saccharose) by sucralose is a good option for diabetic people who still want to taste sugar from time to time ( by eating pastries, etc ...) . We had troubles finding the theme ( at first I wanted to study fruit's cells decay, how it rots and why, but one of my partners didn't like it so we had to change a countless number of times...) . What is yours about ?

• Big up !
Réactions : Ephectite
3 Juin 2016
2 204
@younicorn welcome ! :paillettes: ( ps : litterature, german, interesting ;) )
Translating is such an hard job (I'm doing the translating work in my TPE group, and this is really time consumming ... ) I feel so much respect for translaters, they're actually doing a job I couldn't stand to work in:yawn: ( even though I prefer reading english written books in.., english . This way I can imprive my english as well as "understanding" better the author's writing. However a good translator can enhance a not-so-good author's qualities )

@Ephectite omg I lost it when I saw your TPE subject, this is just so funny :yawn:. Whoever thought of this is a freaking genius !
I kind of understand your teacher for not letting you choose the soecial effects subject if by special effects you meant the "drawings" added in films ( like in Harry Potter w/ the goblins or magic rays .., ). This just my point if view ( another teacher could have liked the idea) but I think you wouldn't have had enough material to work on :fleur:

Has anyone been to a foreign country for an exchange ?

• Big up !
Réactions : Bruxa
19 Décembre 2016
Hey again. I'm back.

Actually I'm reading a book of Paul Ekman, the subject are the micro-expressions of the liar. Really cool book.

Also I will take a beer ( well tbh i will just take a lemonade) with a cool australian guy I met at the workout. room. It will be a good occasion to practise my english !

Also i've been doing cool things last week in general ! And you what's up ?

@younicorn welcome ! :paillettes: ( ps : litterature, german, interesting ;) )
Translating is such an hard job (I'm doing the translating work in my TPE group, and this is really time consumming ... ) I feel so much respect for translaters, they're actually doing a job I couldn't stand to work in:yawn: ( even though I prefer reading english written books in.., english . This way I can imprive my english as well as "understanding" better the author's writing. However a good translator can enhance a not-so-good author's qualities )

@Ephectite omg I lost it when I saw your TPE subject, this is just so funny :yawn:. Whoever thought of this is a freaking genius !
I kind of understand your teacher for not letting you choose the soecial effects subject if by special effects you meant the "drawings" added in films ( like in Harry Potter w/ the goblins or magic rays .., ). This just my point if view ( another teacher could have liked the idea) but I think you wouldn't have had enough material to work on :fleur:

Has anyone been to a foreign country for an exchange ?

Nope. But I clearly want to go in Romania ! (also i travelled during scolar stuff in Italy)

19 Décembre 2016
@Chacotte Yeah it's was kind of a joke between us at the beginning like " if we can do nothing there's still nappies:yawn:" and here we are!:v: I hope it's still going to be interesting and pretty serious! And by special effects I meant fake blood and thing like that because you are right computer generated images would be a very difficult subject to deal with.

I kind of had! I was in 3eme and we had an exchange with finish students (from Finland!!) they came in France for a week and then we went to Helsinki for a week. The thing is that my penfriend (the girl I was "connected" to) was very shy and didn't talk English that much :sweatdrop:. But it remains a very good experience! What about you? Are you having an school exchange?

Never heard about it but it seems very cool ,indeed!

It looks like a very nice way to practice English! I hope that it's going to be fun and that you will enjoy your (date?) lemonade!:taquin:

Oh, this is not a date, purely friendly.
Also was Finland that beautiful ?

3 Juin 2016
2 204
@younicorn have fun during your exchange ! And tell us about it once you're back, Finland seems to be cool :top: how a long will you be staying there ?
@Ephectite Oh so by special effects you meant fake blood and other substitutes ? Could have been quite interesting, I'm sorry for you your teacher wouldn't let you do it ... Nappies are interesting, don't worry about it :)
How was your exchange in Finland ? Did you enjoy it ?
I did an exchange last year, I went to Seattle and studied there for 6 weeks with my exchange student :happy:

3 Juin 2016
2 204
@Khyra Welcome !:paillettes:
@younicorn One week is not that short, plus if you like the country you could maybe ask your parents to spend your holidays there ? (Of course it won't be the same if you're with your parents but it might be cool as well :)) . You're right, going to Seattle was indeed an incredible experience that I still benefit from ( except the 5kg I gained during my stay, bless you the american food :yawn: )( I've managed to loose the weight I had gained though)

@Ephectite Northern Europ inhabitants' way of life are sooooo different from ours it's almost frightening :cretin: I went to Amsterdam ( during the Europride, a gay pride) where I saw only a few security guards ( and most of them were taking selfies with drag queens during the Europride:unicorn:)
Seattle is a huge city since it is Washington's capital : I lived in the suburbs but I got to visit downtown Seattle several times and from what I recall, I can tell you it looks like any american city you'd imagine . Lots of buildings ( with a lot built in the 70s, made of concrete) that are huge, lots of enormous shops ( the local Auchan is nothing compared to their "big" stores, I almost got lost when going shopping with some friends :yawn:). Seattle is on the East Coast, and the weather was like Britanny's ( no offense, I come from Britanny myself:taquin:) . If you want more details I'd be happy to tell you evrything I know ( but this might take some time ...)

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes